What does Holistic Whole Health do?
Ever wondered when to contact Holistic Whole Health over when to visit your medical doctor (if you have one) or head to urgent care? This article is for you!
Naturopaths follow Hippocratic principles. In 1947, Naturopaths met at the Golden Jubilee to draw up standards for the practice of Naturopathy. We believe that:
- The body under normal natural conditions is a self sustaining organism.
- The theory of health and disease is based on Nature itself.
- The body is governed by definite natural laws with regard to the physical, chemical, biological and physiological basis.
- Ill-health is, therefore, as a result of a departure from healthful living out of harmony with nature’s laws.
- To the degree that man adheres to and applies nature’s beneficial laws, to that degree will the body, through its natural inherent powers, restore itself to normal.
- Naturopathy is a philosophy, art and science and recognizes the body’s inherent processes of healing, and acts in no way to suppress, antagonize or hinder these vital life forces, but rather to arouse, assist and cooperate with the body to a restoration to normal.
- Naturopathy makes use of the healing properties of such natural agencies as air, sunshine, water, light, heat, electricity, manipulations, rest, natural vital foods, organic vitamins, organic minerals, herbs in conjunction with cleansing and eliminating processes of other physical and mental cultures.
- Naturopathy does not make use of synthetic or inorganic vitamins or minerals or of drugs, narcotics, surgery, serums, vaccines, anti-toxins, toxoid, injections and innoculations.
- Naturopathy also provides for the prevention of disease and the preservation of health by teaching the basic fundamental laws of natural living and the application in daily life.
As a Traditional Naturopath, I have many instruments in my medicine bag to help you through many of life’s health trials. These include herbs, oils, homeopathic remedies, supplements, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, body therapies, energy therapies, and a caring ear and strong shoulder for crying on to name just a few. Even better–the things I suggest have little or no side effects and are natural and life supporting (did you know antibiotic meals “against life” in Latin and that one course of antibiotics can take your gut six months to rebuild its friendly bacteria?).
Read more about Naturopathy.
Some examples of things Holistic Whole Health can assist with:
- General health and wellness concerns
- Colds, coughs, sore throats, ear aches
- The flu
- Stomach / digestive complaints
- Bumps, bruises, sore muscles
- Rashes and skin conditions
- Sleep troubles
- Emotional concerns
- Grief and end-of-life support
- Vaccine information and choices & alternatives
- After-emergency support and healing
- All chronic conditions
- And more…
Things you should visit urgent care or a hospital for:
- Any life-threatening situation (heart attack, stroke, severed limb, etc)
- Anytime you feel the need for more urgent care
Some things to note:
- I do not charge for emails and texts from existing clients (and their immediate families) for clarification and quick help.
- I offer email consultation packages.
- I offer Ask the Naturopath for urgent care phone consultations.
When in doubt, I am happy for you to text, call, or email me for questions and advice. I will always let you know if it is within my expertise or outside my scope of practice at no charge.
If you are curious about more differences between a naturopathic and allopathic (standard western medicine) approach, please read our article, Naturopathy vs Allopathy.
I hope this helps to clarify when a naturopath can be helpful and removes any worries you’ve had about whether I can help with something or not!
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for an exclusive offer to subscribers!
Note: Everything here is for information only. This is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Seek a qualified medical professional.